Sony FE 24-70mm
|Focal Length Description||24-70 millimeters|
|Camera Lens Description||70 millimetres|
About this item
- The full force of Sony’s latest lens technology brings stunning G Master resolution and exquisite bokeh together in the world’s lightest2 Full Frame F2.8 constant aperture Standard Zoom lens. With significantly evolved AF performance, the FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM OSS II can deliver the full potential of today’s advanced still and movie cameras.
- Excellent contrast at high spatial frequencies means superb resolution even at F2.8. Two high-precision XA (extreme aspherical) elements, two ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass elements, two Super ED glass elements, and a floating focus mechanism control aberration, realize sharp, clear images at all zoom and aperture settings.
- This lens is the smallest and lightest F2.8 24-70mm zoom in its class2. It weighs just 24.6 oz (695 g), over 20% less than the previous model. It is 16 mm shorter, and overall volume has been reduced by approximately 18%. Excellent mobility makes it a great choice for professional or enthusiast still or movie use in a wide range of situations.
- Four of Sony’s original XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors, a floating focus mechanism, and advanced lens control achieve fast, precise and quiet AF with excellent tracking. Shoot at up to 30 frames per second3 or up to 4K 120p with a compatible camera body. A new aperture unit also contributes to high speed, enabling full AF tracking performance with the aperture stopped down4.
- Advanced lens design reduces focus breathing, focus shift and axial shift when zooming. Image and angle of view shifts are minimized for smooth movie imagery. XD Linear Motors and a new aperture unit contribute to quiet, low-vibration operation. The breathing compensation function provided in compatible α series bodies is also supported5
Brand Sony Manufacturer Sony Model SEL2470GM2 Product Dimensions 21.31 x 12.7 x 14 cm; 680 Grams Item model number SEL2470GM2 Mounting Hardware Lens hood, Lens front cap, Lens rear cap, Lens case Number of items 1 Image stabilization technology Optical Has Image Stabilisation No Minimum diaphragm opening 22 Min Focal Length 24 Millimeters Batteries Included No Batteries Required No Material Glass Lens type Standard Does it contain liquid? No Includes Rechargeable Battery No Manufacturer Sony Item Weight 680 g
Next-generation G Master standard zoom
The FE 24–70 mm F2.8 GM is an updated “holy trinity” standard zoom, packing evolved optics and AF performance into a convenient, compact, lightweight zoom design that offers maximum mobility for stills and movies. It is an ideal match for high-performance compact α system bodies, and will cover a wide range of shooting situations.
Configuration, MTF, Control
Premium G Master standard zoom lens
Four original high-thrust XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors ensure outstanding AF performance
5 aspherical elements including 2 XA types plus 2 ED and 2 Super ED glass elements for high resolution
Deep, creamy F2.8 bokeh throughout the zoom range plus excellent close-up performance
Dust and moisture resistant design? ensures optimum reliability and performance in any situation.FE 24–70 mm F2.8 GM II
G Master series lenses take imaging and expression to previously unattainable levels with a stunning blend of extremely high resolution and softly dissolving background bokeh.
 Extreme aspherical lens (XA lens)  Aspherical lens  Super ED glass  ED (extra-low dispersion) glass
MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) describes how well a lens can reproduce fine details, measured as the degree of contrast achieved between finely spaced lines.
 Contrast (%)  Distance from optical center of lens (mm)  Max. aperture  F8 aperture  Spatial frequency  10 line pairs / mm  30 line pairs / mm  Radial values  Tangential values