- Metal mount with a new exterior design used. The lens is fully compatible with all full range of Canon DSLR Camera.
- Digital era coating suppresses flaring and ghosting, Distance Information: Yes, Lens construction (elements/groups): 6/5
- By using STM (gear type), AF drive noise is quieter than the existing products DC motor
- By reducing the minimum focusing distance (45 cm -> 35 cm), maximum magnification is increased (0.15x -> 0.21x)
- As a fixed, non-zooming lens the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM delivers great image quality -enhanced sharpness, more contrast, and less distortion
- Magnification w/ Extension Tube EF12 II:0.45-0.24. Magnification w/ Extension Tube EF25 II:0.74-0.53
The third-generation of the internationally best-selling EF50mm f/1.8 series standard lens, the EF50mm f/1.8 STM, which has a body that includes a metallic mount, makes use of a stepping motor (STM) that ensures silent, speedy autofocus drive operation. The lens construction, consisting of 6 elements in 5 groups and a 7-blade circular aperture, has optimized lens coatings that suppress the occurrence of flare and ghosting, resulting in high image quality. With its lightweight, compact design that belies a surprisingly large diameter, this lens is convenient and easy to use for any scene and allows for the effortless taking of photos with a large, beautiful background blur.
- Maximum aperture: f/1.8
- With STM motor
- Filter size: 49mm
The lightweight, compact EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is the perfect entry-level offering from Canon’s prime range of EOS lenses. With an 80 mm effective focal length on APS-C cameras, 50 mm on full-frame cameras, it is perfect for portraits, night-time photography, and even action sequences.
The EF 50mm f/1.8 STM’s performance is outstanding, with a stepping motor (gear-type STM) to deliver near-silent, continuous Movie Servo AF for movies and speedy, smooth AF for stills. A restructured exterior with enhanced focus ring placement makes manual focus adjustments exceedingly simple and easy. Canon’s most compact 50 mm lens, the EF 50 mm f/1.8 STM has a rugged metal mount, plus an improved minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35 m) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x. Offering enhanced performance for the best in movies and stills, it’s a fixed focal length lens makes it perfect for photographers and moviemakers who want to expand the creative possibilities with their EOS cameras.
|Angle of View (Diagonal)||46°|
|Angle of View (Horizontal)||40°|
|Angle of View (Vertical)||27°|
|Closest Focusing Distance (m, ft)||0.35m/1.15ft|
|Construction (Groups Elements)||5-6|
|Diameter x Length||69.2 x 39.3mm|
|Drive System||Stepping Motor-gear drive|
|Maximum Magnification (x)||0.21|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||7|
|Anti-dust and Moisture||Not Supported|
|Accessories (Lens Cap)||E-49|
|Accessories (Lens Hood)||ES-68|
|Accessories (Lens Bag)||LP1014|