Canon EOS 200D Mark II
- Review Price: Single Kit – 40000 INR and Dual Kit – 51000
- 2-million-pixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 7 image processor
- ISO 100-25,600 (expandable to ISO 100-51,200)
- 5fps continuous shooting
- Dual Pixel AF
- 3-inch, 1,040k-dot vari-angle touchscreen
- Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth
- Single SD card slot (UHS-I compatible)
- High image quality
- Responsive and straightforward in live view mode
- Class-leading video autofocus
The Canon EOS 200D is the world’s lightest DSLR camera with the world’s fastest AF system with a vari-angle screen. The Canon EOS 200D slots into the manufacturer’s range of DSLRs between the entry-level EOS 1300D and the more advanced EOS 800D models.
- The 24 megapixel 200D offers Dual Pixel CMOS AF for the world’s fastest Live View focusing, a vari-angle screen with touchscreen capabilities, a 63-zone metering sensor, 9 auto-focus points, ISO range of 100-25,600 (expandable to 51,200), a guided user interface, DIGIC 7 processor and 5fps continuous shooting, and Bluetooth, NFC and Wi-Fi connectivity. The 200D’s video mode offers 1080p Full HD recording at 60/50/30/25/24fps with full manual control over exposure and gain.
- The EOS 200D features a touch-screen. It supports a variety of multi-touch gestures, such as pinching and swiping, for choosing shooting modes, changing settings, tracking faces, selecting auto-focus points, and focusing and taking a picture in Live View mode. In playback, you can swipe to move from image to image and pinch to zoom in and out, just like on an iPad or other tablet device. The ability to focus and take the shot with a single press of your finger on the screen makes it quick and easy to capture the moment.
- Its top-mounted shooting mode dial has a multitude of letters and icons. The so-called Creative Zone features Programmed Auto (P), Shutter Priority (Tv), Aperture Priority (Av), and Manual (M) modes. The fully-automatic Scene Intelligent Auto mode analyses the scene in front of you and automatically picking the best settings, much like the systems used by a lot of digital compacts.
- It also has a Creative Auto mode which also allows you to change a few key settings using the LCD screen via a simple slider system for changing the aperture and exposure compensation or Background and Exposure as the camera refers to them. Creative Auto has been extended with the introduction of Basic +. Essentially a more extreme version of the well-established Picture Styles, this offers nine options including Standard, Vivid, Soft, Warm, Intense, Cool, Brighter, Darker and Monochrome, all of which can be interactively tweaked to suit your taste.
- There is also a built-in microphone for stereo recording on top of the camera, and you can connect an external microphone equipped with a stereo mini-plug to the camera’s external microphone IN terminal. The Video Snapshot feature allows short clips of 2, 4 or 8 sec to be merged into a single movie file, for footage that is short, easy to edit and of similar lengths to the clips used in most TV programmes.
- Live View and Dual Pixel CMOS AF are also used for the Canon EOS 200D movie mode. If you turn the new On / Off switch to the third position denoted by the movie camera icon, the camera will enter the Live View Movie mode automatically. The EOS 200D has a large choice of frame rates, offering a choice of 24, 25, 30, 50 or 60fps when recording Full HD video clips. Note however that the available frame rates are also dependent on what you have set in the menu under “Video system”: NTSC or PAL.
- The EOS 200D runs on a larger LP-E17 battery then the EOS 100D which, provides enough power for 650 images when using the optical viewfinder.
0 thoughts on “Canon EOS 200D Review”
[…] Read Canon 200D Review – Click here […]
You must log in to post a comment.